Monday, July 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 7/27

menu plan monday

If you want to save money on groceries, meal planning is key. Every weekend I plan out my meals for the next week. When I have my menu planned for the week, I save money and I save time. I share it with you, to give you ideas of how we eat on a limited budget. Hopefully, this inspires you to plan your own menu for the week.

This is going to be a tough week. I went back to work today and hubby is home with the kids. That means that he will be doing the cooking. So, I am 100% sure that the meal plan will not be strictly adhered too. I can dream though, can't I? Here is my meal plan for this week:
  • Monday
    • Breakfast - pancakes (leftover from dinner Saturday), fruit
    • Lunch - canned pasta, fruit
    • Dinner - panninis, green beans and pudding

  • Tuesday
    • Breakfast - cereal / oatmeal, fruit
    • Lunch - peanut butter and jelly on homemade bread, fruit
    • Dinner - we are going to my mom's as soon as I get out of work, so we will either eat with her or go out to eat down where she lives

  • Wednesday
    • Breakfast - strawnana muffins (made a few days ago and froze), fruit
    • Lunch - grilled cheese, fruit
    • Dinner - ham steak, veggie, maybe a potato or pasta salad?

  • Thursday
    • Breakfast -cinnamon toast on homemade bread, fruit
    • Lunch - dinner leftovers, fruit
    • Dinner - cheeseburgers on grill, corn on cob, maybe a side?

  • Friday
    • Breakfast - cereal / oatmeal, fruit
    • Lunch - canned pasta, fruit
    • Dinner - homemade sloppy joes, tater tots, pudding or jello

  • Saturday
    • Breakfast - fake quiches, fruit
    • Lunch - peanut butter and jelly on homemade bread, fruit
    • Dinner - leftovers

  • Sunday
    • Breakfast - homemade waffles, eggs and toast
    • Lunch - grilled cheese, fruit
    • Dinner - tuna casserole with peas (I will make a double batch and freeze one), fruit dessert


Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment