Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Movies on the Cheap

So, in the last few months, Amazon has definitely been on the top of my list. I have bought books to help with work and books to help me learn stuff at home, all for a cheap price. The last book I bought was $12. I also buy mp3's through there because I can get whole albums for an average of $8 or just one song for $1. The last album I bought was on special for $3.99 and it turned out that I love every song. It was definitely worth the $4.

After the first time I bought more than $7.99 in mp3's, I was given a $3 credit towards their on-demand videos. We ended up renting Alice in Wonderland and really enjoyed it. A month later, I got another $5 credit from them for some promotion they were doing, so we got some more movies. One of these movies was Avatar. It was such a great movie, I ended up actually ordering the DVD. Last weekend, hubby ended up staying home from work one night so we ended up renting one for $2.99. The movie was Pan's Labyrinth. It was AWESOME!! Even with the subtitles, my husband and I both enjoyed the movie, and thought it was worth the money. It was scary in parts (see the picture to the left), but the real terror occurred in the real life world of the little girl who was a witness to the atrocities of a revolution.

Once we get our house in, we may look at signing up for Netflix. I like the idea of having unlimited on-demand videos for one low price. We have also used the Redbox rentals, and like them. We have just had problems getting the movie back after one day so it ends up costing us more than $1. Plus you have to go out in the cold, and we all know how much I love going out when I don't have to in the winter!

Renting movies can be expensive, but it is still cheaper than going out to the movies, especially when you have more than one person. Streaming movies has made movie renting not only convenient, but also relatively inexpensive.


Lisette



No comments:

Post a Comment