Thursday, October 30, 2008

Online Bill Pay Saves Me Big Bucks!!!

A few years ago we started using online bill payment through our old bank. It was free and so easy to do. We have all our bills set up to automatically be mailed at a week before they're due, except for the rent.

I pay doctor's and hospital bills on a weekly basis and everything else is monthly. With the money going out automatically, I don't forget about a bill and it makes my life SO MUCH EASIER! I also use Money to track what we spend, and that also puts those automatic payments in there a day before the bank sends the check or sends the payment. The only thing I have to add is any checks written or any debit card uses. We haven't bounced a check in over four years.

We not only save money by not having any late fees or bounced check fees, we also save a lot of money on stamps. We now buy a book of stamps and it will last us months! I figure we save at least $6 a month by not having to buy stamps.

Tell me what you think. Do you use bill payment? Why or why not? How much does it save you?

siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment