Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cake in a Mug

****Edited to add:
Has anyone made something similar to this? I tried it and it was awful! How is the cake supposed to rise with not soda or powder?******

Have you ever bought those single serve microwaveable treats? I believe they are from Betty Crocker. Anyway, I thought I would share with you a recipe I got from my husband's grandmother. It makes one serving, so no risk of overeating, and it's very frugal!


1 coffee mug
4 tbl. flour
2 tbl. sugar
2 tbl. baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tbl. milk
3 tbl. oil
3 tbl. chocolate chips (optional)
small splash of vanilla extract




Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips, if using, and vanilla and mix well again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 min. at 1000 watts. The cake will
rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip onto a plate if desired.
This is called the most dangerous cake recipe in the world because we are only 5
minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!


Lisette

2 comments:

  1. Lisette,

    Just double checking. Is it really 3 Tablespoons of oil in this single serving? Or maybe 3 teaspoons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I haven't tried it yet. Bad blog host!!! I am off to try it right now and find out.

    ReplyDelete