Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Words of the Week Wednesday (Earth Day Edition)

I have been wanting to try to make homemade laundry detergent for some time now. I was able to find borax at Walmart and Target, but could not find washing soda. I told my mother I was looking for it and she found some at Price Chopper for $2.99. So, if you have trouble finding it, try there.

I figure it will cost me about 2 cents per load! So this will be a big savings for us. Especially with a family of five, we go through a lot of laundry detergent. It is also environmentally special. I plan on making the powdered detergent. You can find several recipes here. I will let you know how it works out. Let me know if you have ever tried making your own detergent and what the result was.

In celebration of Earth Day, the Simple Mom has a list of 40 ways to go greener at home. Many of the things on the list we already do, but there are a few that I am looking at trying.

Another great blog about family and green living is Nature Mom's Blog. She talks about what her family and herself does to live a more Eco-friendly life. So, go check out her blog.


Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment