Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts (Frugal Edition)

randomtuesday



1. I know this has nothing to do with frugality, but it really irks me. Have you ever been in a restroom at a restaurant or store and the total paper holder is really low on the wall? You know the type: 2 foot from the floor. You have to reach your arm down and then then back up into this thing to get table, and then hope that while you are trying to get it to unravel it doesn't hit the floor, especially if the floor is yucky. Why do people put these so low? What were they thinking???????

2. I've been thinking about getting a job. Wow, what a shocker huh? lol. I have sent my resume to a few places and uploaded my resume to monster.com and america's job exchange. Ideally I would like to find something that's not full time, maybe dealing with computers or bookkeeping/accounting. We will see what's out there. I just feel like there aren't jobs out there for my hubby, and if that continues and his prior employer doesn't call him back, then we will be in trouble when the unemployment runs out. Since there are jobs out there for me right now I feel like I should be trying to get one. Who knows what will be there in 6 months?

3. As mentioned before, we are reducing our cable down to 2-13 so we can afford to have a gym membership. The gym membership is less than $55 a month for both of us and we can go there 24 hours a day. This is really convenient for us, because of the kids. We don't have to get a sitter just so we can go to the gym. We also both agree that this is better for us not only now but in the long run. We both have weight to lose (though I am in need more than he is. lol) and we both want to be healthy. Hubby also has heart disease in the family (mom, grandma, and grandpa) and he needs to be eating healthy and exercising.

4. I really don't feel like making dinner tonight. Uuuggghhh. I am thinking about making the frozen pizza that is in the freezer. I am thinking that I would like to start making my own homemade frozen pizzas but am wondering how I should wrap it so they don't get freezer burned. Any ideas? I have an awesome recipe for pizza dough, so I am also thinking maybe I should just freeze the dough. I wonder what would be easier on a busy night?

5. We won tickets to the Schrine Circus next week from a local mom's forum. So cool huh? I think it will be fun to take the little ones - they will enjoy it. By the way, if you are in the twin tiers of NY go check out the site: MomsLikeMe.com. It's an awesome forum, where you can talk to other moms about everything!



Lisette

1 comment: