Thursday, May 28, 2009

How Do You Organize Your Coupons?

Different people have different preferences as to how they use their coupons and how they find the deals. In this post, I want to explore the different ways to store coupons.

I store my coupons in a slightly larger coupon holder. I do this because this holder fits in my purse, so I am less likely to lose it. I like to have my coupons with me because I often find clearance prices on products or even unadvertised sales. If I left my extra coupons at home I would not be able to take advantage of these surprise deals. Some people keep their coupons in a 3-ring binder with plastic inserts that you would normally put baseball cards in. I haven't tried this yet because I usually have a child sitting in the cart. So for the time being, this is one method that would not work for me.

Other people don't even cut out their coupons. They put them in a large accordion-style organizer and write the date on the first page of the inserts. They then use couponmom.com, afullcup.com, or the coupongame.com to find out what coupons correspond with which deals. These sites also tell you the date of the insert, so you can find the coupons easily. You then just clip out the coupons you need and take only those. This is especially great if you are on a budget and using cash, since you can figure out right then how much money you are going to need.

How you store your coupons is really about preference. Whatever works for you is the way to go. It may take trying a few different ways, but you will find a way that works best for you.




Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment