Thursday, June 11, 2009

Preparing a List for Shopping - Using Coupons

The other day I was asked how I go about deciding what I am going to buy each week. I have to tell you that it really is a pretty simple process and does not take that long.

The first thing I do (usually on a Sunday afternoon) is make sure all of that day's coupons have been put into the correct section of my coupon holder. Then I look through an ad - usually Tops. If you look on the first page (sometimes the last page also), there are sales on there called the Loss Leaders. These are the deals that are supposed to get you in the door to buy other more expensive things, while you pick up the sale item. Don't fall for this though. Only buy things that are on sale, preferably when you have coupons for these products.

As I am looking through the ad, I circle things that are a good price. I know what I usually pay for the items I buy most, so I know whether or not a price is really good or not. If I think there might be a coupon, I note that next to the item also. After I am done looking through the ad, I look through my coupon holder and find the coupons that correspond with the sales. I then take a piece of paper (I try to use the back of a printed scrap paper so I am not wasting paper) and write down my list of items. I then attach my coupons to my list with a paperclip. I am now ready to go shopping. I also bring my coupon holder just in case I find a bargain that I didn't know about when I did my list.

So, there you have it. That's how I prepare for grocery shopping. How do you prepare for a grocery shopping trip?




Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment