Friday, June 12, 2009

Frugal Meal Friday 6/12


Every Friday I will be sharing with you a frugal recipe. These meals will average $5 or less for a family of four, and many will give you lots of leftovers for lunches. If you have any recipes you would like to share with others, please feel free to email it to me at: couponqueenofcorning @ hotmail.com and I will include it in my Friday's posts.

Bruschetta Chicken Bake ($5.60) is the meal for this week. This recipe comes in a little over $5, but you will have plenty of leftovers to eat for lunch the next day. I have made this several times and it is very tasty. my family prefers to have the petite diced tomatoes in this, as opposed to the regular. You could even get the diced tomatoes with the the spices to make this even better. Add a frozen veggie or fruit for $1 more. This recipe is originally from the Kraftfoods site.

Ingredients:
1 can diced tomatoes ($.50)
1 package of stuffing ($1 - stock up when on sale or get generic)
2 garlic cloves, minced ($.50 ... I just throw some dried in there $.10)
1 1/2 pounds of chicken, cut up into small pieces ($3)
1 tsp dried basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella (shred yourself - $1)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.

2. Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese. Top with stuffing mixture.

3. Bake 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.



Lisette

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I've seen this recipe before but never tried it. I need to try it out.

    ReplyDelete