Saturday, June 13, 2009

Job Fair in Elmira

Hubby and I went to the Employment Fair Friday in Elmira. There wasn't a lot of employers there (not like the job fair they had a few months ago in Big Flats), but we figured it would be worth going to and checking it out. Hubby ended up being there just for moral support for me, because there were no manufacturing employees there.

I talked to a few employers, but two of them really stood out as the kind of job that I would really be good at and enjoy. I went home and printed off the one job's pdf job application, filled it out and mailed it in along with my resume, coverletter and list of references. The other job I was interested in, wanted an email stating why I think I would be the appropriate choice for the job, so I worked on that last night and emailed it. I would love to get either one of these jobs as they both sound really interestin. So I'm crossing my fingers.

Either way, I think it was a good experience because I was feeling a little down about not being able to find a job yet. I felt like there was some promise in these jobs and that helped get my spirits up. So, hopefully I will be getting some calls for interviews soon.


Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment