Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Busy Busy Tuesday

Garden Update

This weekend we did a lot of planting. Yesterday we put in our tomato and pepper plants and planted some squash. We have quite a bit of room left, but only have pumpkin seeds to plant. So, we now have beans, cucumbers, lots of lettuce and broccoli, corn, carrots, peas and onions planted. Anyone have any suggestions on what else we can plant? We have quite a bit of room left. No planting today... dreary and rainy out!


Spring Cleaning - A Little Late. LOL

So, today we have been cleaning. Well, actually I have been cleaning. LOL. While hubby was in the living room with the kids, I cleaned the bathroom from top to bathroom. When I am done posting on here, I need to get my kitchen cleaned. I would love to get that room cleaned from top to bottom today also.

There's a lot of organizing to be done too. Five of us living in this 2 1/2 bedroom apartment just doesn't work well. I constantly have to reorganize cabinets and other spaces to maximize our organization to make this place work for us, at least for now. The worst part is that I organize a cabinet and a few months later it is a mess again, because people don't put things back where I had them. I even label shelves using my label maker and they still don't put them in the right spot. GGGRRRRrrr!!


Job Hunt Update

So, as many of you know, my husband was laid off in March. Since then both him and I have been looking for work. Unfortunately there really is nothing out there for him right now. He looks everyday but no one is really hiring machinists right now. There has been quite a few jobs out there that I could do, so I have been sending my resumes to a lot of jthem. If I had to guess I would say that have sent in at least 30 resumes in the last month. Unfortunately, I only got calls for an interview from two of them, and didn't get hired for either.

I try to keep optimistic, but also in the back of my mind I know that in September we will no longer be able to pay all our bills because we will be out of extra money. This includes using our savings to pay bills. The unemployment benefit just isn't enough to cover all our expenses.


Birthday Party Planning
I have been doing things to reduce how much we spend though. This week I didn't go and get groceries, because we are trying to eat out of our pantry and freezer for a while. I will have to get a few things later this week because our oldest son is celebrating his 11th birthday. We're having a cookout for his birthday, so we need to go get ground meat, rolls, plates, cups, etc. I am making the cake and we already bought the ice cream (on sale for $3 and had coupon that doubled to $1.50 so they were only $1.50 each half gallon). I would also like to make something else for the party but I haven't decided what yet. It should turn out to be a pretty good birthday party for him even though we don't have a lot of extra money this year.


Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment