Wednesday, July 15, 2009

All You Grocery Challenge Daily Roundup - Day 2

allyoucurved

Tuesday - Day 2

So, we are done with the second day of the grocery challenge. I did pretty darn good, though I can't say my husband did. He's going to be the death of me, I swear. LOL. He took my older son with him to go work on our land and tend to the garden, and on the way home they grabbed food at Taco Bell. He spent $9.88. He also spent $2.29 on a gallon of milk. I did send him over to get the milk though. So, I will now be adding this to this week's totals.




Breakfast/Lunch:
We all got up late this morning, so we had a brunch. I made more blueberry pancakes today. Although, I tried to make them from scratch and they tasted funny. Darn Betty Crocker recipe. Yuck! I will not be making that recipe again! We also had eggs and toast.




Dinner:
Since my husband and son were gone, I knew I had to make something that wouldn't require too much time in the kitchen. With two kids under the age of 3, you don't know what they will get into when your back is turned. I had had something else planned for dinner, but we will just have that another time. I had frozen homemade mac n cheese with broccoli a few weeks ago, and I threw that in the oven for dinner. It seemed to take forever. I guess I forgot that it usually takes more than an hour to cook when it is frozen. But it was tasty and the kids ate it quickly. We then had some fruit cocktail and for dessert, a chocolate chip cookie.


I used up the Nestle swirl chocolate chips that I got on clearance last week for $1.49 a package. These turned out yummy! I baked up about 30 of them, and the rest were scooped out, flash froze, put in freezer bags and placed in freezer for future use.

Along with the cookies and the pancakes, I also made bread today. 6 loaves to be exact. I made up one set of loaves while the little man was napping. I decided that I wanted to get some extra loaves in the freezer, so as soon as my bowl was free, I started making up another 3 loaves. I am thinking that I need to invest in another large mixing bowl and 3 more bread pans. That way I could 6 loaves at a time. Wouldn't that be sweet?



Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment