Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Words of the Week Wednesday 7/1


It is Wednesday again and time to provide my readers with links to sites that I found interesting in the last week.

Many times I have trouble coming up with meals and recipes for dinners. The following sites are very helpful to me each week as I try to save money by planning my meals.
  • My favorite recipe site is AllRecipes.com. I think I am on this site at least three or four times a week. The other day I was trying to find recipes for strawberries (my hubby's grandma gave us about four pounds!) and found an awesome recipe for Strawnana bread. This recipe produced an awesome banana and strawberry bread that just tastes awesome! I will have to make some more now that I have some more bananas. YUMMY!!! They also have a feature where you can enter your ingredients that you want to use and it will find recipes that have these. You can also tell it to exclude certain ingredients. It really is one of the best sites I have found for recipes.
  • $5 Dinners is an awesome blog where Erin shares with her readers recipes for families that are healthy but do not cost a fortune. She shares her monthly meal plan at the beginning of the month (I used to do monthly, but lately have been having trouble just getting my weekly meal plan done) and proves that you can make dinner for a family of four for less than $5 a day.
  • If you would like to start meal planning there are various ways to organize your meals. You can use a spreadsheet, a calendar made using word processing software (if you don't have any on your computer you can download Open Office for free), or even just a pen and paper. I also found a lot of free meal planning information at Meals Matter including shopping list, daily meal planner, and more.







Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment