Friday, July 10, 2009

Frugal Meal Friday 7/10


Photobucket


Every Friday I will be sharing with you a frugal recipe. These meals will average $5 or less for a family of four, and many will give you lots of leftovers for lunches. If you have any recipes you would like to share with others, please feel free to email it to me at: couponqueenofcorning @ hotmail.com and I will include it in my Friday's posts.

Today's meal is what I made for dinner today - Chicken, Stuffing and Veggie Bake. It is cheap and really quick and easy to make.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1 can of cream soup (vegetable, chicken, mushroom, etc)
1 tbsp butter
1 box of stuffing
1/2 cup boiling water (can add a little more if you like moist stuffing)
1 pound of chicken, strips or breast
1/2 bag of mixed frozen veggies (or any half bag you may have in freezer)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray. Add cream soup, milk, frozen veggies and chicken. Now, I used frozen chicken that was already cooked (I did thaw in microwave for a few minutes so I could break them into pieces - and this was all I had on hand), but you can use uncooked chicken as well. Mix together, making sure to coat veggies and chicken well.
3. In microwavable container, microwave water and butter. Let boil and then add stuffing and mix well. Spread the stuffing over the chicken and veggies.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.


Price Break Down:
  • milk - $.20
  • stuffing - $.99
  • soup - $.50
  • chicken - $2
  • veggies - $.50
Total Cost: $4.19


Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment