Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ecostore Shampoo and Bodywash Review


about ecostore


Ecostore’s purpose is to create a healthy sustainable world. Ecostore loves making a difference in people’s lives. We are passionate about improving the planet and have spent more than 15 years bringing you everyday household products that are safer and healthier for you and your family. We love hearing from people whose eczema or allergy symptoms have improved or sometimes disappeared all together just by switching to ecostore.

And the wonderful news is… we don’t compromise on performance either. Our plant based cleaning products are just as effective as the leading supermarket brands and our body and baby care ranges are gentle on your skin and are simply beautiful to use. (They smell great too!)


My Review

I received an email a few weeks ago asking me if I I would like to pick out two products from the ecostore to test and review. I figured why not? I looked at the web site and chose baby shampoo and body wash. About a week later, I received the box from the ecostore. I opened the box to find packaging peanuts. I thought to myself, how could they be eco-friendly if they are using these? I looked at the paperwork and it said that the peanuts were made from soy and that all paper and box were made from recycled products. Aaahhh. Well that's better.

Of course, me being me, the first thing I did was smell the product. LOL. It smelled clean. There is a slight citrus smell too them, but they smell awesome. I have tried other products that were free of chemicals and didn't like them because they really didn't have any smell to them. I like my kids to smell like they just had a bath. Do you know what I mean?

I used it first on my son. The hai
r lathered up nicely with only a minimum amount of shampoo and rinsed out easily. The body wash cleaned him up well but didn't make his small patches of eczema worse. After his bath, he smelled clean and his looked clean and shiny.I used it on my daughter also, and she came out clean and smelling great.

I would recommend this product to any mom who is concerned about the products they use on their kids. The price is the only thing that would concern me, because I am so frugal. At around $11 a bottle, it's a little pricey for my taste. Although, you do not need a lot of the products to get your kids clean, so it lasts quite a while. I have two kids and we still have both products left after several weeks. I did do a search online, and found many of the organic and chemical free body products for babies to be around the same price. Shipping was quite reasonable(considering it was coming from New Zealand) at $5.99 for both the bottles I received.

Once we have a steady income coming in again, I may think about actually ordering more of the shampoo (we use more of this than the body wash) because I do like it so much. If you are looking at finding a natural product to use on your kids (or even yourself), take a look at ecostore.

Note: I was not paid for this review, although I did receive the products mentioned for my own personal use.

Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment