Friday, July 10, 2009

New Job and Organizing

I was offered a job yesterday! YEAH! I will be working with social media and maintaining a database. I don't start until August so that gives me some time to get this house in better order before then. I have some organizing to do and you know how involved organizing sometimes gets. We will also have to be going to our garden to weed and take care of that. These are the areas I want to attack in the next few weeks:
  • Organize cabinet in kitchen - This cabinet is where I keep my baking goods, pans, freezer bags and the like, utensil bin, rolling pin, etc. It really has a little bit of everything. I want to reorganize the shelves and make it look better. I have some boxed goods on one shelf also and was thinking I would move my cookbooks from my cupboard with boxed goods to this cabinet - if they will fit. I also have some room in the cabinet above the fridge where I can put things that are seldom used.
  • Organize linen closet upstairs - We have a large cabinet upstairs where we store blankets, towels, and other linen. I also have the kids pajamas in there now (no where else to put them), along with the upper shelf has medicines and extra HBA products. So, I would like to go through that and get rid of stuff that is old, and make it look neater.
  • Clean out the basement - This involves taking pictures of the bow flex and treadmill and putting them on Craig's List. We found that we don't really use them and both hubby and I are people who have to go to a gym in order to get in shape. It is just the way we are. Plus going to the gym is my "me" time. I also have bags of kids clothes down there that haven't been sold yet on Craig's, that I need to re-list or maybe just have a rummage sale. There is a lot of stuff down there that just got thrown down there because we didn't have any other place to put it. We will probably have to make a trip to the dump also.
I will try to take before and after pictures of all of that to share with you. That way I can really see how much I have done and hopefully it will keep me inspired to do more!

I also want to get the kids on a better schedule. They do so much better when they are on a schedule and know what is going on during the day. I also want to finish my master list of meals. I started this the other day and have more than a month's worth of meals we can eat. I want to find more meals (by going through my cookbooks and recipes) and list the main ingredients in each meal. I think this will not only make it easier for me to prepare dinners, but also make it easier on hubby when I go to work and he has to make dinner. I will share my list with all of you when I finally have it done. That way you can get some ideas for your weekly or monthly meal plan.

I am off to eat something, and then to finish cleaning the bathroom. Have a really great day!



Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment