Tuesday, July 14, 2009

All You Grocery Challenge Daily Roundup

Monday - Day 1
So, it would have been a no-spend day, but hubby grabbed coffee and 4 granola bars on the way to his uncle's house. Ggggrrrr. There goes $2.40 I wasn't planning on spending. Other than that we did really well today.



Breakfast:
We had cinnamon toast on homemade (yummy) bread and apple slices. The kids gobbled this up. They like the cinnamon toast and I like the fact that there is no high fructose corn syrup or preservatives in it. And the apple slices went perfect with it!



Lunch:
Ham and cheese sandwiches on homemade bread along with a banana. It was very tasty and pretty good for us.



Dinner:
I made pancakes with blueberries with an omelet. The omelet had cheese and a little bit of bacon bits, along with some pepper, of course. The kids devoured it all. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it. Our dinners are usually pretty hectic around here. LOL.




Lisette

2 comments:

  1. Can you give me the recipe for your homemade bread? I try so hard to get bread without high fructose corn syrup but it is usually more expensive. Do you have a bread maker? Can it be made with out one?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KATIE -
    I WILL POST THE RECIPE IN A POST EITHER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING. NO I DO NOT USE A BREAD MACHINE FOR IT. I FIND IT EASIER TO NOT USE ONE. THE RECIPE I USE MAKES 3 LOAVES AT A TIME. I HAVE TRIED IT IN BREAD MACHINE, BUT IT JUST WASN'T RIGHT. I NEED TO TRY AGAIN WITH DIFFERENT PROPORTIONS. I GOT MY BREAD MACHINE FREE FROM A LOCAL FREECYCLE GROUP - JUST POSTED THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR ONE AND HAS LIKE 5 PEOPLE WILLING TO GIVE ME ONE. BUT I LOVE THE ONE I ENDED UP GETTING - 10 YEARS OLD BUT IT WORKS SO GREAT.

    I MADE 3 LOAVES THIS AFTERNOON AND HAVE ANOTHER BATCH OF 3 RISING. I WANT TO GET AHEAD BECAUSE I PUT THEM IN THE FREEZER FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS. I ALSO BUY A FEW LOAVES OF STORE BREAD (USUALLY ALDIS BECAUSE IT IS 75 CENTS) JUST TO HAVE IN CASE I AM TOO BUSY TO MAKE ANY.

    I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. I BOUGHT JSTRAWBERRY JELLY THE OTHER DAY AT ALDI'S THAT DOES NOT HAVE IT IN THERE. THERE IS ALSO A NEW REDUCED SUGAR SMUCKERS THAT IS HFCS FREE. THE KIDS EAT PB&J QUITE A BIT SO I REALLY DON'T WANT HFCS THERE.

    ReplyDelete