Sunday, July 12, 2009

Organizational Challenge #1

So, the other day, I wrote about a list of things I wanted to get done before August when I start work. Well, we can cross off the first thing, because I have it done! Here is what my kitchen cabinet looked like before:



Isn't it just awful, really? This is what happens when your family just throws things in the cabinet instead of putting things back where they belong! So, I took to the task of organizing and cleaning this baby out. I put all the extra boxes of mac n cheese in my other cupboard and put all the brownie and cake mixes in this cabinet. This only makes sense because my baking supplies are in this cupboard. I took a few things out that I decided need to either go in the basement or be put in a rummage sale. This let me move all the plastic wrap, aluminum foil, etc down a shelf (I plan on buying something to hang them in when I have money) and have a whole shelf for my baking stuff. So, here is what the cupboard looks like now:




Better, huh? Now, if only I can keep my family from making it a mess again, I will be all set. Next, I will be working on the upstairs linen closet. That really shouldn't take me long, since it isn't as bad as this kitchen cabinet. Then off to the basement - that will take a while. It will certainly be a several day project. I am off to wash the dishes and go to Rite Aid to pick up a few things. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.
Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment