Monday, July 6, 2009

Target Trip 7/4

We decided to stop by Target after our 4th of July cookout at hubby's uncle's house. It looks like Target is gearing up for their massive toy clearance (to make room for all the Christmas toys in the fall). They had A LOT of clearance toys for really good prices and I expect to see more in the next month or so. If you have kids and you have the extra money, now would be the time to be buying for Christmas! My daughter's third birthday is coming up in August and I have $100 budgeted for it, so I am trying to get the most out of it.

Here is what we bought:
  • 3 boxes of Eggo Bakeshop at $1.50 each. Had 3 coupons for $1.00 off one, making these 3/$1.50 or $.50 each.
  • Digourno Flatbread Melt $2.79. Used free coupon that I received via snail mail.
  • Pullups for daughter at night time $9.74. Used $5 coupon (which was expiring that day) which made them $4.74
  • Word World toy for my daughter's birthday. Originally $29.98, on clearance for $14.98
I used the remainder of a $5 gift card that I had gotten a few weeks ago for buying specific products ($4.72).

Original Amount: $47.01 (w/out tax)
Amount Saved: $30.51
Out-of-pocket: $13.16 (saved 72%)



I just wanted to mention that we went into the new Hobby Lobby last week to look around. That is a really nice store and every crafter's paradise. LOL. But, I was good and didn't buy anything! Although I would have loved to have boughten some stickers or stamps for my scrapbooking. It helped that I knew we didn't have the money for it.




Lisette

No comments:

Post a Comment